The root chakra (aka the Base Chakra) is associated with feelings of safety and being 'grounded' to your body.
The Root Chakra is located the base of the spine and is considered the first chakra within the seven chakra energy system.
Some facts about the Root Chakra:
- The Root Chakra is also known as the Base Chakra and it's Sanskrit name is Mūlādhāra
- Red is the colour energy of the Root Chakra
- When your Root Chakra is in balance you will feel safe, grounded and that your physical needs for survival are being met (e.g. food, shelter, warmth etc.)
- Fear and trauma are the main causes of Root Chakra blockages
- Symptoms of a blocked Root Chakra include overarching fear, anxiety, panic attacks, anger without apparent justification.
The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine and is coloured red
Essential Oils can be a very pleasant method of clearing blockages in the chakras.
- Typically the essential oil would be applied to an oil burner or diffuser, or massaged into the skin after being blended with a carrier oil.
- Good quality essential oils are usually easy to source and they have many uses in the home and for the the physical body.
- Essential oils should never be ingested or applied to the skin without dilution unless you are under the advice and guidance of a trained aromatherapist
Essential oils should never be used undiluted on the skin unless under the advice of a trained aromatherapist
3 Essential Oils for Balancing the Root Chakra
The three essential oils for balancing the root chakra have calming, reassuring and strengthening qualities.
CEDARWOOD has a rich and woody scent. It is relaxing and calming yet also strengthening and can help alleviate anxiety.
- Base Note
- Wood Source
- 3-4 drops in an oil diffuser or oil burner
- 4 drops with 10mL of carrier oil for massage
MYRRH has a strong and woody scent with earthy, balsamic notes. It is a soothing essential oils that inspires peace and meditativeness. Myrrh also helps to reassure.
- Base Note
- Gum Resin Source
- 3 drops in an oil diffuser or oil burner.
- 2 drops with 10mL of carrier oil for massage.
PATCHOULI is a musky, sweet scent with deep, resinous notes. It is a grounding and stabilising essential oil and may help with anxiety.
- Base Note
- Leaf Source
- 3-5 drops in an oil diffuser or oil burner.
- 5 drops with 10mL of carrier oil.
Want more info?
Four Chakra Balancing Methods I Swear By.
How to Safely Use Essential Oils: The 10 Commandments